The Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brotherhood is a Paintball team, and growing movement in the paintball world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)

Go down 
+5
Petch88
jimmyjijoe
Fatboy
joshoc
Uncle Joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Joe
Brother Caesar
Uncle Joe

Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) Empty
PostSubject: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 am

First things first, well done to everyone today. boys players and non-players.

Everyone should be proud of themselves, we played well overall and won some games, so Brotherhood didnt sink and i didnt have to go down with the ship haha

Im going to ramble abit about how things went and how we can imporve them, we need to do this and be as organised as fucking Russian Legion.

Firstly, we had an issue getting the paint, setting off when planned etc, which cost us som training. Now in future everything will be planned ahead more when concerning this, I.e paint will be collected before hand (like steve offered to do) and Brothers you know when the tourneys are so please remember if you are playing book that weekend off Smile

Ok, now in terms of registration at the begining of the day, was kinda my bad as i didnt know (niether did anyone else i assume) we had to pay up front for entry. Also sorting out the money from everyone was also a big balls up and poor old liam is down £40 which he will be getting back shortly.

Now in light of this and to make life far far easier for everyone what we will do is operate a "No pay, No play policy" which means we will set a date (or something similar) and if you dont pay you dont play because this way the money is centralised, just how stalin likes it. we can then pay CPPS and ringham straight off the bat and have that done and out the way first thing.

Playing wise i think the team came together well in div 1, the first game was dreadful, but by the end of the day we were playing alot tighter and really giving teams a fight, So kudos to that.

we have alot to work on, but after yesterday i am confident it will only get better from here on in.

I think the plan is to find ourselves our own tent and tables etc which Chris is looking into, if we can be alot more organised in the pits we can be better prepared altogther plus we wont be around other teams etc

What i want from everyone is alot of feedback on this thread as to what they think, we can only build from this so lets get working. all these things can be ironed out meaning each event becomes easier to organise and more seemlessly done.

For the Conference guys well done on 4th place, im happy for you!

Bhood.

X
Back to top Go down
http://www.Brotherhoodpaintball.co.uk
joshoc
Brother Virtus
joshoc

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 am

Right then firstly I think the russians are a bad example as they lost at the PSP event the other day haha....tut tut dan. and secondly I also think that everyone just needs to talk to eachother about what they need to do better for example I already spoke to Pethchey and Dan on the day and I know exactly what I need to practice more as I need to practice my shooting skills because when I was poping out over the beam in the snake the first lot of shots went everywhere and I am not happy with this because I feel that I should have done better. And thirdly I think every knows something that they need to improve on because one major thing I think I need to do better is improve my dives as I got shot in a couple of games sliding into the snake. And that is the end of my rambling Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566236351
Fatboy
Brother Initiate
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:15 am

all sounds good dood, one think i would like to add though is that we should put a limit on how many players are in each squad because yesterday we had way too many players,

for the race 2 format (division 1) team i would limit it at 7 or maybe stetch it to 8 as we need to keep structure in the team also players wont get the game they are paying for

for the 5 man format (conference) i wouldnt have more than 6 people in a team as you got a long gap in between games you dont need the extra people so ideally i would keep it to 5 people

since theres so many of us we could easily have 2 conference teams playing maybe even 3

another thing i wasnt happy with was everyone was paying the same, for example playing div 1 and conference should mean that you pay field fee twice and you pay for paint twice. the main thing that pissed me off was what happened with rhys (boris), he paid the same as everyone else and only got like 2 games out of this weekend also he drove up which makes it even worse. i was told the reason for him only playing 2 games was that we needed to keep a strong team for the conference which i think is bullshit, as the conference is just for fun ( i know its nice to win though) everyone should get the same field time

the only way that the less expierienced guys are gonna get better is by giving them field time so they have a chance to get better, it doeent matter if you been playing for years or weeks it should be the same for everyone

peace out

Back to top Go down
Uncle Joe
Brother Caesar
Uncle Joe

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Great feedback tom, cheers bro

Forgot to add that into the orginal post, but hes right, and i am sorry for what happened to Boris and little scotty as they didnt play as much as they could.

Now, this will change as i believe the plan will be to have a championship team and a conference team to go with the Div 1.

What we could do is go for 7 div 1 players, 5-6 champ and 5-6 conference

For any Div 1 guys who couldnt get in the race 2 because it was full, may be able to jump in with champ if they done have enough players?

We can work something out guys
Back to top Go down
jimmyjijoe
Brother Familia
jimmyjijoe

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 pm

im not happy that boris and scot only got two games i made that choice it made feel like shit but i wanted strong and competitive team ,for me its not just about fun tom, if im not and the other team members arent putting in max effort then whats the point it does'nt matter weather it's div 1 or conference.
As a sercond brotherhood team i dont just want to be floating about in the conference season after saeson, so having a third team i think will be a good idea.
i agree with what dan just said

as captain of the second team guys pls feel free to speak to me about anything ur not happy about or weather the desisions i make you feel are wrong if we dont talk they wont get sorted
Back to top Go down
Petch88
Brother Affiliate
Petch88

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:49 pm

what you guys think about having only 2 teams, 1 in div 1 and the other in the div above conference? reason being is by playing higher level people the people in the lower div will improve a lot faster, it also means its not a walk over for any of the div 1 players who are helping out. also with the conference guys training with us as well we should all be on the same sorta level in no time at all. i think 2 strong teams rather than 1 strong and one not so strong
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Brother Initiate
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:53 pm

mark.... as i already wrote its nice to win and everyone wants to win but..... the CONFERENCE is just for fun if you want to play more competitively, play the championship instead
Back to top Go down
jimmyjijoe
Brother Familia
jimmyjijoe

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 am

im a competitve person at what ever sport i play thats just me if i dont play the best i can i wont enjoy it, i know i still have alot to learn and skill level wont be ready for championship yet, conference for me is not just for fun its for learning all the basic's and putting what we've learnt in to practice.

tom speak to me about it on the 17th brother, i dont want to be a wanker of a captain
Back to top Go down
slam
Brother Associate
slam

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:28 am

Fatboy wrote:
mark.... as i already wrote its nice to win and everyone wants to win but..... the CONFERENCE is just for fun if you want to play more competitively, play the championship instead

To be honest I thought that comment was a bit out of order, while I agree that it's not Div 1, all levels of tourney paintball are never ' just for fun' for those that play in them. While the guys I met on the team on Sunday didn't have the skill set for a Race to format they were definitely taking it seriously. Not wanting to cause an argument but it's really like saying Div 1 is just for fun if your not competing in the SPL!!

Any way peace

Matt
Back to top Go down
Uncle Joe
Brother Caesar
Uncle Joe

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Nice to see you on here Matt and welcome to the forums,

I think what tom is suggesting is that Conference should mainly be focused on the enjoyment of the sport, dont get me wrong people should always have that drive to excel at what they do, but at that level of play the pressures to perform as lower which means mistakes can be made, corrected and re-applied, since it is a learning curve for most of our newer brother. What upset tom is that there were 2 new bloods that never got enough games for the money they paid, which is true.

Yet this fault isnt to land on mark shoulders but my own, i said those people could play etc and we had to many, so i will apologise for that. in future we will have capped rosters for each Divison so people get enough game time Smile

Also in relation to the 2 or 3 teams, if we have the numbers i think we should go for it, we have players such as mark, luke, matt, edd who would do well in championship and carve a name out for themselves, then we have the nw bloods who can learn the sport in conference, play to win by all means but also as tom suggests do put the weight of the world on your shoulders to perform.

Plus for all those more experienced players 10.5 capped semi must suck haha at least you guys can use ramping this way Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmyjijoe
Brother Familia
jimmyjijoe

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 pm

i did say to liam on the day when he mention about the money that i would be happy to pay more for the day cuz two of the guys only played two games each.
that still stands dan let me how much more money i need to give liam
Back to top Go down
Barfoot
Brother Affiliate
Barfoot

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:37 pm

I believe what tom is saying that there isnt any progression for the conference div is true. As both championship and conference are open so any team can walk into it, whilst div 1 is locked so you have to progress to stay in the division. so yea as dan has said if you want to try and progess then a team has to be entered in the championship. so i can understand tom point totally. lastly dan decision to put a team into conference to start with was purely to "test the water".

Right.

my personal opinion is that everyone needs to take more responability not totally take in charge but to let off the easy from the cpts (Dan,Liam,Mark). from what i seen not sure if its true but liam didnt seem too impressed that he had to "look after" the div 1 team at some points, as result he didnt play last few games which is a bummer.

Also am all for everyone enjoying themselves but we all need to sort ourselves out and listen to (cpts) so when they speak we listen.

its not a DIG at anyone. just feel that if we clean up these small issues stuff will get sorted and as result can effect performance on and off the field.

overall i think everyone did well as werent dicked all day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=770212165
joshoc
Brother Virtus
joshoc

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:19 pm

I agree with rhys as i saw liam and he looked fed up i also think this was because there was too many players i think when we cap the team to 7 players the resposability of capt will be lifted slightly seen as there will only be two people to sit each game which they could pit crew untill the game has finished etc and im sure everyone thanked dan and liam especially the people playing div 1 thanked them for a good day dan sorting it out with getting us to play and liam for being basicly the manager for a day i dont think we could have done it without them and also luke as we wouldnthave had any paint or air if it wernt for his pit crew management and even all the pit crew. When we get our act together with knowing what do so liam dosnt have to look after us like kids all day i think it was also because we were all eager to get some games in and i think that was one of our downfalls although also one of our assets because of the love for the sport
Back to top Go down
Petch88
Brother Affiliate
Petch88

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 pm

M5 Formats
M5 Premier Race 2

Laysick VIP 100
Firm Academy 94
Evil Saints 88
Volatile 84
Warped 80
Temper rage 76
Temper Fury 72
Brotherhood 68 ---------- 8th
smokin aces 64
Lucky 15's 60
bz zulu 56
Snatch 52
npf academy 48
so manc 44
lethal bizzle 40
ratz 36

M5 Conference

Powys Stingers 100
Aberdeen Fusion B 94
NPF Academy Kids 88
Brotherhood Audacia 84 ------------------ 4th
BZ Academy 80
Sneaky Snorkels 76
Lampeter Karma 2 72
KU Nemesis 68

not bad gents Very Happy rather surprised ratz did so badly tbh
Back to top Go down
Uncle Joe
Brother Caesar
Uncle Joe

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Ratz where a no show lol but 8th is middle of the pack, so i think we done well! Congrats brothers

BHOOD!
Back to top Go down
hipjaw91
Brother Initiate
hipjaw91

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 am

Yeah I think caps are a good idea.. Fill Div 1 1st and then I'm sure we could get a good team into championship.. then if we have any spill over we can put a conference team in. I'm all for paying tournies in advance so there's no stress on the day aswell. Then we can focus all our thoughts into what's going on on the fields and not who owes what.

Also I think everyone should pay the same to play the same - caps will make this a lot easier.

But thanks for my first weekend in about 2 years.. I'm looking to go all in on this and play every tournament and I will.
Back to top Go down
LiamBroad
Brother Affiliate
LiamBroad

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Id just like to recap by saying i hate you guys and im glad i havent got to see you till next training . Peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.Youjizz.com
joshoc
Brother Virtus
joshoc

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 pm

But liam we all love you Sad
Back to top Go down
Petch88
Brother Affiliate
Petch88

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:58 pm

LiamBroad wrote:
Id just like to recap by saying i hate you guys and im glad i havent got to see you till next training . Peace

fine FUCK YOU!!!!!! WE COULD'VE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!

only joking mate Razz ......... t'would only end in heartbreak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)   Food for Thought (breakdown of  sunday 13th march) Empty

Back to top Go down

Food for Thought (breakdown of sunday 13th march)
Page 1 of 1